collapse

Author Topic: SALS Race Day Weather and Cancellation Policy  (Read 4611 times)

SALS

  • Administrator
  • Newbie
  • *****
  • Posts: 16
SALS Race Day Weather and Cancellation Policy
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »
Hi Guys,

The committee has put together a weather & cancellation policy to be followed on race days.

This is to assist people to determine in advance whether a race day will be cancelled or not due to weather.

The Hot Weather Policy for Race Days will be as follows:

If the forecast for Race Day in Murray Bridge is 36 degrees or above, the Race Day will be cancelled. The forecast will be take from Elders Weather located here - http://www.eldersweather.com.au/sa/murraylands/murray-bridge and the cutoff time will be 12 noon on Saturday the day before Race Day.
Please note that this applies to Club Race Days only.

Also, the existing Fire Ban regulations set by the AMA (owner of the land) will override the policy above. E.g if the temperature forecast is lower than 36 degrees but a Total Fire Ban is in place for the district, racing will be cancelled. For details on the Fire Ban regulations, please see here - http://www.sals.org.au/index.php?topic=10.0
Please note that this applies to any day.

The Wet Weather Policy for Race Days will be as follows:

The track will be reviewed in the event of wet weather on location up until 7am the morning of the Race Day.

If the Race Day is cancelled members will be notified at or before this time. We will always try to give as much notice as possible but want to ensure the best decision for the club and it's members is made

Notification of all cancellations will be made via SMS first and foremost, so please ensure we have your current mobile numbers on file so you are kept up to date.

Further to this notifications will be published on the various forums where SALS is represented and the Facebook page.

Please note: If you are unsure of whether racing is on. It will always be on unless notification is sent out to the contrary.

In the event of a cancellation the Race Day will be moved to the next weekend where applicable (ie doesn't conflict with another event on the calendar).

If you have any questions please contact the committee.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:24:31 PM by SALS »

 

* Calendar List

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Re: Hi by Fulysic
[April 17, 2022, 08:09:19 PM]


Hi by Fulysic
[January 26, 2022, 09:36:21 PM]


Hi I'm mark by Fulysic
[January 26, 2022, 09:28:39 PM]


Hi by Fulysic
[January 26, 2022, 09:28:14 PM]


Hi by Fulysic
[January 26, 2022, 09:27:48 PM]

anything